Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Achy breaky mom

I gave birth over four months ago, but I'm not finished with my pregnancy rants yet.

I expected to be a little creaky during pregnancy, when everything spreads out a little. But I expected the creakiness to be over after little E greeted the world.

The creakiness did not end. In fact, it only got worse.

I feel as if I have aged 30 years in just a short period of time. My knees ache when I walk up the stairs. My first steps of the day after getting out of bed are tentative, delicate, and painful. My joints crack when I walk. This is my reward for giving new life?

A quick internet search revealed that I am not alone with my achies, and they might be related to breastfeeding, a painful irony to accept. Isn't the breastpump punishment enough? Must I feel arthritic, too?

Motherhood: Not for wimps.

No comments: