Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A successful weekend

This weekend featured many wedding-related successes, including:

A dry run of my waterproof mascara.
I learned that I, too, can wear mascara like a big girl and not end up with raccoon eyes--until I had to take it off. Removing it was a multi-day task. Perhaps the French will not mind the smudged-eye look. Perhaps it will make me look more European. I will have to practice a haggard look and acquire some torn skinny jeans.

An blister-free evening with my wedding shoes.
I wore them for an evening out, and they did not wear my feet out. It is a match made in heaven. Too bad they are white, or I would take them with me to France. Perhaps it is acceptable to wear white shoes after Labor Day in France if they are accompanied by smudgy eyes and torn skinny jeans.

The assembly of our wedding programs.
We've spent more time on those darned wedding programs than anything else (except perhaps my tedious poring-over of the budget--a daily activity). Seven hours of final assembly and they're finished. If you notice any typos, don't tell me.

The completion of the seating chart and place cards.
We shuffled and juggled, and now everyone has a logical place to sit with people that they know or will enjoy meeting.

We said originally that we wanted a 100-person wedding. Our final guest count: 101. Oh yeah.