Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What do you want to be when you grow up?

(This one's not wedding related.)

Any article that starts with "Jay Gatsby has one" is obviously going to catch my attention. After all, The Great Gatsby is my favorite book.

The article, from the NY Times (registration required) is intriguing--write a life list to capture all that you want to accomplish in your life. From the silly to the sublime, you can use a simple list to figure out what's most important to you.

I've never written an official life list, though I've dabbled in the sport, and I am a seasoned listmaker. I already have a few items to start my list:
  1. Write a novel.
  2. Live in a foreign country for at least a month.
  3. Sew a quilt.
  4. Take frame-worthy photographs and hang them in my home.
  5. Take art classes.

Now this will be a fun project to work on after the wedding.