Wednesday, August 8, 2007

3 showers in one day

My post yesterday did not do justice to my beautiful bridal shower, but the passport catastrophe has been resolved, so I can return to happy thoughts once again.

My MOH and mother planned such a lovely day and even ordered the perfect weather. My mother knew that I had wanted to have ice cream or sorbet at the wedding but wasn't able due to a variety of logistical issues, so she arranged to have ice cream sundaes at the shower--and they were fabulous. I had forgotten my Lactaid pills, but luckily my MOH had plenty on-hand.

The present-opening part of the shower was surprisingly difficult--no one tells you what you're supposed to do, and you just have to learn by watching other brides. And you feel like the spotlight is on you the entire time. I actually took off my sweater, an event that occurs only very rarely as I am frequently cold when everyone around me is warm.

People's gifts were so thoughtful and generous, and I'm overwhelmed and touched by them. Coming home and packing everything in the closet, not to be touched until after the wedding, was difficult, but it seemed like the right thing to do. I suspect I will have a few ways to keep myself occupied until then.