Friday, August 24, 2007

Dress? Check.

Yesterday was my final dress fitting. I wonder why it's called a "fitting"--you just show up and make sure the dress fits. My dress did fit (phew!).

And my shoes will work with the dress--mostly. They're not ideal, as I knew when I tried on the dress and was told to get a 1" heel, not a 2" heel, but I did the best I could do with the styles that are available and my budget. So what if the dress is a teensy bit shorter than it was designed to be--I'm ok with it. The dress will stay cleaner when walking over hills and dales and other dirty surfaces.

I do have to buy double-sided tape to make sure the neckline (do you call it that for a strapless dress?) stays flat against me. The dress will be fitting like a glove but we don't want to take any risks! We don't want a wardrobe malfunction to be the defining moment of our wedding day.

I'll be picking up my dress a few days before the wedding and transporting it--who knows how--down to my parents' house at some point. Should be an exciting adventure trying to keep it wrinkle free in the car.