Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Something old, something new...

I've been a cafeteria-style traditionalist for my wedding, picking and choosing the traditions that work for me and skipping the ones that won't work or don't make sense. I decided to keep the "something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue" tradition. Here are my chosen items.

Something old
This one was easy. My grandmother gave me her pearl necklace for my last birthday, and it will be adorning my neck.

Something new
There are so many new items! My wedding gown, my silly slip, the lovely pearl and blue topaz earrings that Ben bought for me (we already exchanged our wedding gifts to each other--at least we are both equally impatient), my new (non-spraypainted) shoes, a handkerchief my mother bought for me--all new items.

Something borrowed
This one had me stumped, so I asked my mother for a recommendation, and she offered the garter that she wore at her wedding. Yes, I did swear off wearing a garter, but I think it will be ok as long as it isn't fished off and thrown to the crowd.

Something blue
We have lots of blue options. The earrings that Ben bought for me have blue stones, and the handkerchief has blue beading. I also plan to paint one toenail blue (already bought the honeymoon toenail polish)--maybe my fashion-forward sense will start a new trend in St. Tropez.