Sunday, December 9, 2007

One more Christmas task

The stockings are hung, the lights are up, Gretel is decorated, and the shopping is finished, but one final task remained--writing the Christmas cards. Now that we are married and have collected everyone's addresses, we feel like adults, and adults send Christmas cards.

I love buying Christmas cards. They come in all shapes and sizes and have fun pictures and messages and sometimes there is even glitter (and when there isn't, I have been known to add my own). However, sending cards is not as easy as buying them, so I frequently buy but then do not send them. This slackertude served us well this year, however, because we had almost 50 cards to send and didn't have to buy any.

The hardest part of sending Christmas cards is writing addresses, and we found a shortcut around that hassle--we printed all of the addresses on address labels. If I were really snazzy, I could have done a mail merge to move the addresses from our wedding spreadsheet to Word, but I've never done a mail merge successfully on my own, and I decided that copying and pasting was the faster option.

We printed return address labels for our names (with fun and different clip art--everything is more fun with cheesy clip art), so the only writing to do was inside the cards--febulous! Now the final step is to drop them in the mail and hope everyone likes them. And then buy cards for next year during the post-Christmas sales, of course.