Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas market pictures

Christmas markets--the main reason I wanted to go to Germany so badly! They exceeded my expectations. They were overwhelming, but in a I'm-surrounded-by-too-much-awesomeness kind of way--not in a bad way.

In general, I preferred the Munich markets over the Salzburg markets for the goods that were sold, though the food options in Salzburg--different varieties of pretzels and baked potatoes hot out of the oven with lots of topping options--were better (keep in mind that I only like sausage when it's freezing cold outside, so perhaps I am not the best judge of the Bavarian cuisine).

Providing text between photos is a guaranteed way to mess up the formatting in your post, so I'll refrain from individual comments--most of the stalls are self explanatory anyway.










No comments: