Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Canoeing in Retiro Park

One of my favorite memories from our trip was our canoe ride around the lake in Retiro Park on the second day.

It was a warm day, almost hot, with not a cloud in the sky. At points, I was even able to wear a tee shirt without a jacket (I know--if even I can do that, it must be warm).

An interesting note on dress: I fit in better with Spaniards than New Englanders when it came to clothing. When it's in the 60s and sunny in New England, particularly on a spring day, you're likely to see men and sometimes women in shorts, flip flips, and tee shirts. On a similar day in Spain, people wear long pants, sweaters, maybe jackets, shoes, and socks. I liked not feeling overdressed for the weather. I'm also ok with feeling a little overwarm.

The following pic is a cool tree, one of several, that was at the entrance of the park. We thought it looked like cauliflower.



The following pic is of the Crystal Palace in the park. It really is that gorgeous in person (on a sunny day, anyway). All of the glass turned the inside into a bit of a greenhouse, not that I was complaining. I thought it would be a beautiful place to host a wedding reception.



Here's B standing by an anchor installment that he liked.


And me sitting in the rowboat.

No comments: