Monday, September 28, 2009

Framing pics

My negligence with posting photos is unacceptable! Motivation has won the day today. (Perhaps only because it gives me an opportunity to show off? Feel free to draw your own conclusions.)

Below is our first framing project. B picked up the painted-suede piece of art in Mexico while we were on our Caribbean cruise in 2006, and I had it framed for his birthday that year. In the background you can see the new color of our upstairs hallway, painted 2 weeks ago, though it really doesn't look like that in person. It's much more like mint ice cream.



Here is the first honeymoon print, which we picked up in Mougins (I mistakenly typed Mougin in the previous post). Does that scene not look like a honeymoon? I suppose ours was a bit short on sunflowers (they weren't in season), but we did see lots of blue, in the south of France, anyway.



Here are the other 3 honeymoon prints. As you can see, they are currently propped up against our coffee table in our living room. We are still prepping the wall upon which they will hang; we removed a floating shelf from it this weekend and had to repair about 8 sizeable holes in the wall and still have to sand and paint them. And by "we," I suspect you know that I don't mean me.



Below are 2 prints we picked up in Venice last year. I thought the colors were interesting and liked the gondolas, especially since we celebrated our first anniversary with a gondola ride (and a $5 pizza dinner).


And here are the newest members of the family! We picked them up in Vermont and have not yet brought them in for framing, though we have already identified where they will live in our house. If you're wondering about the prints from Greece that we recently brought in for framing: they're not ready yet. This weekend, I hope.



And since we're doing pictures, I figured I'd post our new whale. I have stopped worrying that he will fall on my head in the middle of the night and maim me. Plus I lost the battle for moving him to the living room, so above our bed he remains. He's a dashing fellow and I'm really glad we picked him up, no matter how much he (and the silverware and the shoe armoire and the framing) have put a hurt on the September budget.


1 comment:

Two Pearls said...

Every time I have a piece framed, I swear I'm going to take a class so I can learn to do it myself. But then I realize I'd waste more money on my mistakes and when a professional does it, I know it will be done right. My last framing expense was to mat/frame two embroidered pieces purchased in China. They were maybe 24x10 inches each, but the finished pieces are much larger - maybe 36x18. They do look nice (I picked a black bamboo frame), but with my 20% off coupon for being a frequent customer, I still paid $440 for the two! The sad part is that I paid less than $20 for the pieces in China...