Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Abused by Mother Nature

This morning, I received my daily weather forecast, as usual, from The Weather Channel. Once upon a time, I wanted to become a meteorologist and work for TWC. My career aspirations changed and oriented themselves toward a path that was more suited to my natural abilities, but my interest in weather has not waned.

I look forward to the daily forecast, even if it brings only bad news. I especially like the severe-weather alerts (though if you sign up for them, prepare yourself for being on the receiving end of a high volume of emails whenever a storm is a-brewin'). Today's forecast looked unlike anything I had ever seen.



Sun! Sun for the foreseeable future, with barely a cloud in sight! Did I mention the lack of precipitation? We still have snow on the ground from the last 2 "weather events," and receiving snow upon snow is enough to make you want to pack up and move south.

There was a catch, though. (Isn't there always.) Check out the temperatures that accompany this "fabulous" weather. While not quite single digits, we'll be dangerously close to them on several days. We might not see any new snow, but our old snow isn't going anywhere.



Oh, New England. You could have at least waited until winter arrived to deliver this frostiness to us.

No comments: