Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fantastic favors

Last week I realized that it's time to stop saying, "My wedding is the easiest thing I've ever planned!" and actually do something wedding-related to back up the statement (hence the flurry of wedding-related posts after a month and a half of thumb twiddling). One of the first orders of business was the ordering of the wedding favors, which will also serve as placecard holders.

I liked the idea of using placecard holders as favors because they have the element of practicality about them (without losing their fun factor!) and might possibly be used for something (other than a dust collector because the recipients feel guilty throwing them out). I found a few beach-related placecard holders but couldn't decide among them, so I decided to get a mix of all of them. I thought the table of favors would be fun and colorful and beachy-themed without being too uniform.

The favors arrived in the mail yesterday, and I'm concerned that we're going to have a jumble of placecard holders that look like we grabbed handfuls of favors at a store without concern for how the final collection would look. I'm going to have to do some trial setups on a table to make sure they don't look awful.

Unfortunately, a few favors arrived broken due to a flawed design, but I requested replacements from the company and am hopeful that I won't have to get pushy to get them.

No comments: