Thursday, June 28, 2007

This just doesn't seem right

My dilemma du jour is dissatisfying in so many ways. I'm upset that I'm spending so much time thinking about it and that I haven't made a decision yet and that this is even something that I want to decide. But my tendency toward perfectionism tends to overrule my disinterest in mundane details, so the problem remains in front of me, unsolved.

Prepare to laugh at me.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the wedding favors/placecard holders have arrived, and now the "only" task that remains to be completed before this item can be checked off the list is the placecards themselves. And placecards are straightforward--paper and pen, right?

Wrong!

When you're in DIY-wedding/indie bride mode, everything--including, sadly, placecards--is customizable to fit your personality. Some of the burning questions keeping me up at night include:
  • Round, rectangular, or square placecards?
  • Mounted or not mounted?
  • If mounted, how much of a border? Which color paper? Multiple colors?
  • What color pen? What kind of pen? (Also under consideration--must supply the pen to the wedding coordinator in case of last-minute table or attendee changes.)
  • What style writing?
  • Include any stickers or other decoration? (Perhaps a use for the heretofore stumblebum-like glitter paint...?)

I am fearful that if I pursue this issue any further, my brain cells will unite with my wedding favors, stock card paper, and rubber cement to swallow me whole in a scene worthy of the Willy Wonka movie.

No comments: