Sunday, July 6, 2008

No dress regrets here

Have you ever tried on an article of clothing and wondered, "How have I lived so long without this?"

I had one of those moments this weekend at a little boutique store near my parents' house. I didn't go in to buy a new dress--I don't have any upcoming weddings this summer, and I already have a few outfits that are appropriate for summer events. But I saw a few spiffy-looking dresses and couldn't resist taking a closer look.

There were three dresses--one purple and two blue. The purple and one of the blues were a few sizes too large, so I figured there was no chance that the final dress would work. But it was my size! I had to try it on. And as soon as I tried it on, I knew I had to get it. Everyone lives with memories of the clothes or household items (Hemingway desks...) or whatever that they decided not to buy and have regretted it ever since, and I couldn't live with regret over my blue dress.

Here's the closest pic I could find--this is the same style, but my dress is a lighter blue, almost turquoise. And watch out, Italy, because this dress is coming with me.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

No doubt..! You are looking awesome in blue dress. I suggest you to shop at Target for perfect dresses.