Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cavity-free club

This afternoon's dentist visit confirmed it--I am still a member in good standing of the cavity-free club. And I got the dental hygienist who doesn't deliver long and scary lectures about what happens to those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad people who--gasp!--don't floss.

A couple of visits ago, they found a soft spot on one of my molars, and they said that with any other person, they would have drilled and filled (my terminology, not my dentist's). But my dentist said that I just don't have the bacteria that causes cavities, and she wanted to wait and watch. I'm not the living science lesson that B is--his absent wisdom teeth are a sign of evolution--but being free of bad bacteria is good enough for me.

And sure enough, that soft spot cleared itself right up (regenerating teeth? Maybe I am a freak of science...).

Or maybe brushing my teeth 5+ times per day had something to do with my miraculous recovery.

No comments: