Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Don't put wet towels in the hamper

I knew better. But during Father's Day weekend when B's running in and out of the house during the morning's deluge resulted in a mini wave pool on the floor of our pantry, we mopped the mess up with a few towels and then threw them into the hamper to get them out of sight.

And then I forgot about them. Until tonight, that is, when I decided that the overflowing hamper was not an acceptable way to live, and it was time to do laundry.

Time, indeed.

Welcome to Mildew-land, ladies and gentlemen. It's a good thing that I bought a big bottle of bleach a couple weeks ago...

UPDATE: B has confessed that he put the wet towels in the hamper, but I think he might just be trying to make me feel better. There's no point in placing blame, anyway, because all of our clothing appears to have made a full recovery. The hamper liner is in the washer right now and should be fine, too.

The bad news is that we discovered another mini flood in the pantry this morning, and I'm afraid that the culprit is likely the dishwasher, not the recent rain. We had a leak before, and B fixed it--but it looks like it's back again. Oh, the joys of home ownership.

No comments: