Sunday, February 1, 2009

Art and football

Today is Super Bowl Day, which has been more exciting in recent years because our own team has played.

This year, it's less exciting. We're still watching the game, but it's unlikely that I'll stay up past my usual bedtime, no matter how close the game is. I just don't care who wins.

I'd committed to watching the game with B, but I didn't want the day to be entirely focussed on football. The game didn't start till 6, so there were plenty of hours of daylight beforehand for other fun.

I dug hard to find the anti-football activity, and going to an art museum came up on the top of my list, so that's what we did. We visited a museum that I'd been meaning to check out for ages, and then we went shopping (didn't find any winners for myself, but B picked up a snazzy pair of jeans).

Then we came home and have been eating ever since, or maybe that's just how it feels. The first course was guacamole and chips, followed by pizza, and I think I hear my Chubby Hubby B&J ice cream calling my name.

Perhaps we ought to rename it to Chubby Wifey.

No comments: