Monday, February 9, 2009

To Facebook: It's not you, it's me...

Dear Facebook,

I resisted joining you for many years--practically an eternity in internet years! My main concern was privacy, or the lack thereof, combined with ease of use. Anybody, even the baddies, could find me and find out who knows what about me.

Now that I know about some of the security features, most of my fears are assuaged. However, new concerns have cropped up.

You see, Facebook, I only have a certain amount of time for online activities, and previously, maintaining my blog used most of my discretionary internet time that wasn't already occupied by travel research. Now that my other online identity has entered into the equation, my blogging has suffered. I've even come face to face with the reality that I don't know where I want to go on vacation after Spain--and that terrifies me.

So Facebook, I'm not calling it quits between us, but I want you to know that I can't commit as much time to you as I thought I could. There are travel deals to be pored over and analyzed and many more blog posts to be dreamed up.

We can still be friends. And know that it's not you, it's me.

M.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Facebook, she's just not that into you.