Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So that's what they mean by "Irregular"

Have you ever shopped at Marshall's or TJ Maxx and found an item marked as "Irregular"? If you've been in the store, you've probably at least seen some irregular items. I've bought more than a few irregular items in my day but have never noticed anything unusual about them and have frequently wondered what they did to earn such a negative label.

A recent purchase helped to educate me about the meaning of irregular clothing--I now understand why it's sold at a discount.

On a recent jeans expedition at Marshall's, I picked up a pair of irregular Lucky brand jeans that seemed fine in the store. The first few times I wore them, I didn't notice anything wrong, but then I wore them shoe shopping, and their irregularity became all too obvious while I was wearing a pair of heels.

One of the legs was longer than the other one, and not in an unnoticeable way--one leg is about an inch longer than the other one, maybe more. The longer leg is the perfect length; the shorter leg is a tad on the short side.

But I've already bought, worn, and washed the jeans; I can't take them back. I'm stuck with them, and I'm wearing them--be a pal and don't notice when it appears that one of my legs has grown overnight.

No comments: