Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy anniversary to us!

Today marked B's and my one-month wedding anniversary. And since we are jet-setters, we each celebrated solo from our respective hotel rooms.

I was called out of town for a real-life documentation emergency (a tech writer runs into only a few of those in her lifetime--best to make the most of it), and B is doing his usual weekly travel, earning hotel points towards our next vacation (which I have already started planning--I am addicted to travel planning).

We celebrated four weeks of wedded bliss on Sunday to make up for what promised to be a long and lackluster anniversary day for both of us. B cooked a lovely dinner and then we packed together--so romantic.

As I hoped, nothing has changed in the last month. We're the same old us and are trying to get back to our regularly scheduled lives, though our house and its collection of styrofoam peanuts and to-do lists is doing its best to keep us busy. We've had some honeymoon and wedding photos developed but have barely had a chance to look at them, let alone decide what to do with them. I'm hoping that life will be back to normal and that all of the to-do lists will be crossed off by the end of the year. That is the deadline that I am setting, anyway.

Oh, and a lesson learned from my trip--when you bring your room service tray into the hallway, either bring your room key with you or prop the door open with the locking mechanism. Above all else, be sure that you are dressed in presentable clothing.