Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Post-wedding blues?

While I was planning the wedding, I read about a mysterious funk that comes over brides after the wedding and honeymoon is over, and they have to return to real life. The funk is the post-wedding blues.

The symptoms--anxiety, irritability, and depression--appear as a bride is mourning the end of a tumultuous, self-centered period of her life and has to reconcile that everything is no longer all about her.

I want to put everyone at ease--I am not suffering from the post-wedding blues. I am actually thrilled to return to LBW (life before wedding)--I think my blood pressure has improved since I stopped opening the wedding budget spreadsheet, and I no longer have to worry that the tablemates that I've decided upon will get along during the brunch.

I was actually hoping for several weeks of dullness before the holidays set in, but there is still so much to do that dullness will have to wait till January.