Thursday, April 26, 2007

Peek-a....

Last night while trolling the internet and looking for do-it-yourself wedding albums, I came across www.picaboo.com, which provides downloadable software for creating and customizing photo books for any occasion. I was hooked immediately! They offer tons of different page layouts and backgrounds, and you can even look at albums that other people have designed. My only complaint is that you can't create custom page layouts (or at least I haven't figure out how to do that), but their layout options are extensive and should suit us nicely.

I immediately started copying backgrounds and designing an album for our engagement photos, which seemed like excellent guinea pigs for the do-it-yourself album experiment. My progress was somewhat impeded by the fact that I don't actually have our engagement photo files yet. And if you want to get down to nitty-gritty details, I don't actually know what the photos will look like--I mean, I was at the photo session, but I wasn't on the critical side of the camera for figuring this information out. A temporary speedbump! Our photographer said that she'd probably need about a week to do color correction on the files, and then she'd mail us a CD with the files, so I can expect to receive them some time next week.

It's taking every ounce of willpower I have to not email her daily to ask how the photos turned out and when she will send them.

No comments: