Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Zombie squad

When I told my coworkers that I got engaged, one of them asked if that meant I was joining the zombie squad. He elaborated and explained about a Dilbert cartoon in which a newly engaged woman was demoted to the "zombie squad" along with new parents, newly expecting soon-to-be parents, the newly engaged, and miscellaneous other people who had so much going on in their personal lives that they couldn't possibly focus all of their attention on their work.

Some days I feel like a true member of the zombie squad.

It's not as hectic as it was in the beginning when I was trying to arrange appointments with venues, photographers, justices of the peace, bakers, and myriad other vendors. Now I've moved on to daydreaming about Paris, Nice, the French countryside, chocolate croissants, hot chocolate, pastries, French cooking, sightseeing, train schedules, Eurail passes, berets, striped shirts, dinner cruises on the Seine, and Disneyland Paris. I'm trying to recall as much French as I can from the one year I studied in high school. Yes, that was 11--11!--years ago. I'm astonished I remember anything at all...

I added a France travel documentary to the Netflix queue--ooh la la! I am trying to wait patiently for the LP France guidebook I ordered, but I might have to make a special trip to the local B&N so I can get a sneak preview.

No comments: