Monday, March 16, 2009

The day after the Ides of March

March 16 is a very important day.

Two years ago on this day, we had a blizzard. I worked at home and after work, I cooked dinner, a pizza, later to be known as the engagement pizza. Today is our two-year engagement anniversary.

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as an engagement anniversary, but it's a special day in my mind and deserves recognition for another reason, too.

Today is also our 1 1/2 year wedding anniversary, since we got married on September 16, 6 months to the day after we got engaged. That coincidence is mostly a coincidence, but the timing of September 16 worked out for a few reasons and the timing from our engagement was a bonus. Luckily, we didn't have snow or even rain on our wedding day.

And in other more frivolous news, tonight marks the return of new episodes of Gossip Girl after an interminable absence. I am thrilled that it's back on but disappointed that new shows are starting right before we go away. Something tells me that our hotels in Spain aren't going to get the CW network.

So what are we doing to celebrate these 3 wonderful occasions? I'm thinking a pizza dinner might be in order...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is definitely such a thing as an engagement anniversary. Congratulations. :)