Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our new cuckoo clock (with video!)

Our cuckoo clock has arrived!

We received a notice about it last Saturday, but we didn't want it sitting outside in the cold in the mailbox, and neither of us is ever home by 4:30, when the post office closes, so we had to wait until their Saturday hours to pick it up. (Even though they close at the inconveniently early noon hour, at least they open.)

One of the carved leaves on the bottom broke off during shipment--I suspect when our post office lady slammed it down on the counter in front of us--but a little super glue will make it good as new. We did pay for insurance, but it seems silly to mail it all the way back to Germany for a broken leaf.

We learned that lying the clock on its back after you've taken down the chains is a bad thing and will require a trip to a clockmaker to repair the damage that occurs. Who knew that cuckoo clocks were so delicate?

We created a YouTube video--I know, I know, I'm so hip I almost can't stand it myself--of our clock chiming 12, in case you can't wait to see it in person.

No comments: