Friday, July 6, 2007

Insuring a fabulous wedding and honeymoon

While I was still in the early stages of wedding planning, my friend TA sent me a link for wedding insurance, which protects against lost deposits, damage, military leave, severe weather, no-show vendors, and serious illness, among other catastrophes (though not against one's own cancellation of the nuptials--you're on your own for that one).

I opted not to buy the insurance then but decided to reconsider after a fit of paranoia featuring a lot of What-Ifs that cannot be written for fear that I will jinx the event. I decided to buy the coverage because it will provide peace of mind about the day, and now when I start thinking about hurricanes, I won't be as worried as I was before.

I also purchased vacation insurance for our honeymoon. For a very reasonable fee, we were able to insure the money we spent for flights and train tickets, and the insurance also provides us with great features, including payments if our luggage is delayed more than 12 hours or if we ourselves are delayed more than 8 hours. There's also additional medical coverage and a cancel-for-any-reason clause.

We're obviously expecting that both wedding and honeymoon will go on as planned without any problems, but it's good to know that we're covered--just in case.

No comments: