Sunday, July 29, 2007

Scary dreams put to rest

This weekend I had my trial appointment for hair and make-up, and my scary dreams are now put to rest--the appointment was great, and I am really happy with the outcome.

I had never had my make-up done by a professional, and I was hoping to pick up some tips, but I wasn't facing the mirror and had my eyes closed for a lot of it (it's tough to watch someone put on your eye make-up), so I don't think I learned anything.

I had been concerned about the cleanliness of the make-up tools--for example, I didn't want a mascara brush that had touched someone else's eye to touch my eye, as well. Luckily, the make-up artist had a bag of mascara brushes, and she uses a new brush for every person. And she was disinfecting or wiping off the different brushes and applicator tools as she went, and that made me feel much more comfortable.

The end result was me, just with a bit more make-up than usual, but I think most of it was subtle (except perhaps my eye make-up, but a bride's eyes are supposed to be dramatic).

The hairdo turned out great, too, and I wore it the whole day without even a twinge of a headache. I also took a longish nap (the appointment was at 7:30 AM--too early for a weekend!), and it stayed put without being helmet-head-like. Bravo to the stylist.

I'm very pleased with how my hair and make-up will look for the big day, and I'm so glad I decided to do a trial run--now I know that my hair and make-up will look great.

This weekend, we also finalized our cake order. We're getting a mix of milk chocolate and white chocolate cupcakes, topped with buttercream frosting and a raspberry. Ben chose the flavor for our wedding cake (which will basically just be for show--we'll be cutting the very-small top tier and taking the slightly larger bottom tier home with us for freezing), which will also be milk chocolate with white chocolate frosting. The cake will have a beachy-theme with shells and brown sugar (which is supposed to look like sand).