Friday, July 27, 2007

What's the deal with the title?

You might be wondering about the title of this blog. If you're familiar with Queen, then you're likely familiar with the song.

The song is sort of a running joke between B and me, if you count his suggesting it repeatedly as our recessional song and my greeting his idea with a pointed stare and raised eyebrow as a joke. In other words, I was doing my best to convince him that we need a more appropriate song for our recessional, and that "Another One Bites the Dust" was not the first song we wanted played about us after we got married, no matter how funny it might be.

But that didn't mean I couldn't use it as the title of our wedding blog.

I'm not sure what will happen to the blog after we get married. I've tried to keep most of the posts focused on the wedding to avoid the hour-by-hour life chronical--nobody needs to know how many times I brush my teeth every day.

If I have sufficient material, I might change the focus to newlywed life, though as I mentioned before, I'm hoping nothing will change, so maybe there won't be enough material, and I will end up discussing the antics of love-deprived starlets or how awesome Grey's Anatomy is (I took a quiz on their website and apparently I am most like Callie--I didn't think I liked Callie that much--perhaps I ought to reevaluate that stance).

Anyway. The blog will continue to be a wedding-planning blog until the wedding, and maybe we'll even be able to update it while we're in France. And after that, it's anyone's guess.